RAKVERE KARMEL CHURCH
The church – for the salvation of the people & for the change of culture.
Rakvere Karmel church wants to be more than a building, more than church events and more than a community which offers ecclesiastical communion.
With the help of God, we would like to be the understandable, inviting and inspiring image of His Son in today’s society.
Rakvere Karmeli church is a Christian non-profit organization integrating different generations. The congregation has been a part of Rakvere town community for more than 125 years.
Through different times and opportunities the congregation has next to conventional church activities been active in other areas. One of the priorities has through the decades been organizing joint activities with kids and young people. By now we have grown into a community who holds traditional values based on good relations and we are doing it in a way understandable for contemporary people. The congregation has more then 200 members, but people also outside the congregation are actively participating in the activities. During a week almost 300 people visit different events of the congregation.
The congregation belongs to the network of Union of Free Evangelical and Baptist Churches of Estonia (www.ekklesia.ee/in-english) consisting of 85 congregations and more than 6,500 members.
- The beginning of the Rakvere Karmel church goes back to the year 1894, when the first believers were baptized.
- Since 1933 the congregation gathers in the church house at Koidula 15.
- The church belongs into a Union of Free Evangelical and Baptist Churches of Estonia, which is composed of the 82 congregations.
- Today the church is part of the collective action of the Rakvere Christian congregations, out of which the community is reached.
- We plant a new church in Kunda, 25 km from Rakvere along the coast.
The last eight years the church has continued to grow
We have grown over the last ten years:
By members of the church + In expansion of different ways of ministry + In doing different things for the community + In the over-Estonia ministry
The church building has become too small for us and at the same time very depreciated.
We started with the construction of a new building 2019 October.
The seeding opportunity:
Thank you for helping us build new building for serving the best way people of Estonia!
RAKVERE KARMELI KIRIK SIHTASUTUS
AS SEB Pank EE851010220253468227
Explanation: Donation (or donation for new building)
SWIFT code (BIC) EEUHEE2X
Bank address: Tornimäe 2, 15010 Tallinn
We also have a partner in USA who could forward your donation trough NGO: Christian Concern, P O Box 1818, Whittier, CA. 90609.
The church union we belong has been in cooperation with them.
For more information please see the link: https://nonprofitlocator.org/organizations/ca/whittier/363593619-christian-concern
Donors can mail checks made out to Christian Concern with a notation „Karmel construction“
Christian Concern will:
– send each donor a non-profit tax receipt slip and return envelope for future donations
– email us listing the donor names, dates & amounts as they come in
– not charge a fee from the donation given
Contact person Bill Ankerberg, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write an explanation